Pages


Sunday, February 28, 2010

Toronto

Today was fun.  I was supposed to go to Toronto with someone, but it didn't work out that way, and I was more than happy to take the weekend away alone.  I was due for a solo get-a-way (I do this every 6 months or so).  In fact, I love to travel alone.  Down the road, to Toronto, overseas, I love it.   I do also LOVE travelling with The Shepherd.  It's so much fun with him.  We've backpacked for months on end and navigated  the world like a true team.  When we watch the Amazing Race, we agree (and know..haha) we could do it.

Breakfast was ok.  I'm not sure if I'm into the new cereal.  Yog Active, almond milk, blue and strawberries.
The drive was pretty slow.  This is my town as I was pasing through on Saturday morning.
In the morning I went to the St Lawrence Market.  I love the meat, fish, cheese, pasta, etc.  It's as good as a big mall to me.  I took a couple photos while I was there...purchases to come in next post.  I always bring my cooler and fill it with ice for this trip.
I then went to Whole Foods.  Not as good as the US store, but still really nice and interesting.  Next was the World Biggest Bookstore in search of cookbooks.  I didn't find the books I was looking for, but I did find other ones.  On to the Eatons Centre for cloths.  I did pretty good ;).

I ate at an Asian restaurant that I quite like for lunch. I had Vietnamese pho and an order of fried wontons. I did eat most of the soup, but took most of the wontons to go.
I snacked a lot.  So much that I didn't have dinner.  I ate the rest of the wontons in the hotel, cookies, an apple, some chocolate, a tasty cinamon pastry from a bakery I walked by, pigged out really.  I always treat hotels as an excuse.  I don't know if that's a bad thing, but I do it.  Went out to The Little House on the Prairie musical at the Canon Theatre at night, mostly because Melissa Gilbert was playing Ma.  It was a fabulous show.  So glad I went.

Tomorrow it's off to another grocery store and home. 

Jess

3 comments:

  1. Love that market!

    I think it's great that you like to travel solo. I'm just not good enough company for myself! ;)

    If you ever want to do a meet up in T.O. let me know. I can meet you there and we can do the town together.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice trip girl! We went to Whole Foods today also!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice trip! Traveling alone is truly wonderful sometimes. LOVE LOVE farmers market and totally agree...a farmers market is BETTER than a mall. You just inspired me to search online to see when ours is opening!!

    ReplyDelete