Pages


Friday, February 19, 2010

5 COMMENTS and Pancake THURSDAY!

WHOOHOO!  I had 5 comments on my last 2 posts! So what 2 people commented twice, 5 comments!  I need to comment more on the blogs I read, I didn't realize how exciting it was to get them, until it happened to me.  For anyone reading this, my blog is less than 2 months old.  I was inspired by all sorts of ladies, blogging about their eats, and thought I'd give it a shot, it really is a lot of fun!
Bad, fuzzy photos this morning, but a good breakfast!  Activa vanilla yogurt, Kashi Honey Almond Flax cereal, Fiber One and blueberries.  Can never get enough blueberries.

All mixed up:
A great apple was enjoyed sometime this am.

Lunch was a salad of baby romaine, red pepper, carrots, 1/2 a chicken breast and 1/2 cup quinoa.  Added was some salad dressing, and the name has escaped me.


As I've been doing lately, I had a great Florida orange this afternoon. 


We weren't able to have pancakes on Tuesday, so we decided to have "Pancake Thursday" instead.  And it was great.  I thought I'd make some apple topping first. 


  • 2 apples, chopped in small-ish pieces

  • saute in some butter until soft-ish

  • Add 1tbsp sucanant

  • Add 1tsp cinnamon

  • Mix, and you get a delicious apple topping!
I bought this pancake mix to try.  It was really really good.  Fluffy, nice pancakes.  Here they are, all dressed up with apple topping, a little more butter and some maple syrup.  Then, a bit more was enjoyed after this plate. :)


I was asked for the recipe for the black bean brownies I make.  I couldn't remember where I got it from, but stumbled upon it yesterday!   Very good luck. It comes from Live Laugh Eat  and the recipe is here Black Bean Brownies.  I don't cook them so that a toothpick comes out clean in the center, but long enough that it is clean at the edges, and a little gooey in the center.  I also find they are especially tasty refrigerated, in fact, I only eat them that way, other than gooey fresh out of the oven.  Don't think they are too undercooked when hot, they will firm up. I also have not added the flaxmeal, baking powder or walnuts, but have added about 1/3 cup of coconut, and up the oats a bit.  I've also added a little - maybe less than 1/4 cup of raw sugar, just for a bit more sweetnesss. You can really do whatever you want I think.

Mmm...black bean brownies, I had my fair share as well.

And from the other day, it's their first time outdoors, moving from one barn to another...
Where are we? Where do we go?
Don't worry little ones, the pastures will be green in another month or two and it will all make sense.

And a few more shots I took of the puppies last night, I just can't get enough of these balls of cuteness.


Jezzabelle

2 comments:

  1. okay ~ I seriously can't TAKE IT!
    those puppies and lambs take my break away........
    love the apple topping mix...never thought to have apple on my pancakes...but certainly looks delish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. JESS!!! You are so cool!!! First of all, thanks for the comment on my blog. Second of all...you live on a farm? I'm so jealous. Your love for the Sheppard and indoor gyms make me happy.

    The black bean brownies you made look great. Coconut is a great idea for an addition!

    ReplyDelete