Pages


Thursday, March 11, 2010

Greenhouse Time

I felt great today.  Fresh blonde hair, what I consider a really great outfit, a new pairs of shoes, my favorite bag, I felt good.  Love these days.

Breakfast is always a good start to my day.  Dorset cereal, blueberries, blackberries and skim milk.
A lovely orange to get me through the morning:
And a superb sashimi lunch:

Lunch really filled me up today.  I went to the YMCA after work and did a good 40 min on the elliptical.  Then some upper body weights.  Pretty regular workout. 

Once home I saw The Shepherd was in my greenhouse: Not a great pic, took late last fall after the green of the grass and trees had left, but before the snow.
We had some things stored in here for the winter, and he had it all cleaned out for me.  It's not air tight yet -we just built it last summer, so it won't be ready for my frost sensitive seedlings this year, they'll still be grown in the house on grow stands - like this:

...but what I will do with my greenhouse is till the ground and plant early lettuce, spinach and radish, maybe some peas if I have enough space.  It's 20 feet by 30 feet, so I'll see what I can do.
Dinner was yummy as usual.  I could eat so much in the evenings, food is comfort.  We had maple pork tenderloin, broccoli and ww couscous.  For the pork, I add some cayenne pepper, quickly brown on each side, add about 1/4 cup apple juice, 2 tbsp maple syrup, 1tbsp apple cider vinegar, and cook for about 5 more minutes, reducing liquid to a nice sauce.  Sweet and tasty!

Then after dinner, more frozen yogurt.  When I buy this tub, I eat it almost every day until it's gone.

I booked a vacation day for Friday!  YAY!  I can't say I've had a bad week, but overall it felt long.  Making this a 3 day weekend leaves me with only 2, 5 day weeks until the Easter long weekend.  It's going to be a rainy day on Friday, so I'm going to sit warmly in my greenhouse.  That should take up most of my day and I am REALLY looking forward to it.  I need a new hose for the greenhouse so I'll buy that tonight.  3 hours south of us, my mom saw a robin this morning.  That means, in 2 weeks they'll be at our house!  And Krista, you should see them in about one week! 

Jess

3 comments:

  1. OH! I saw a cardinal last weekend in my backyard! He was singing away. Made me SO happy!

    I'm eager for your garden shenanigan's to start up. You'll be my guide this year for veggies I've never planted...

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO cool! I am trying to start getting into gardening this year! I may need your help (help me!!). Eats look delicious- especially the berries and orange. I can't get enough fruit in my life. Enjoy your day off tomorrow- that is really exciting

    ReplyDelete
  3. yup ~ I love those "fresh" days too ~ new outfits rock! xox
    greenhouse is awesome!
    Enjoy your long weekend hunnie
    xox

    ReplyDelete