Pages


Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Pregnancy and Sushi

If you've been pregnant, or researched what you can/can't eat while pregnant, I'm sure you've read that you should avoid raw sushi fish.  When I found this out I was devastated.  It is a weekly staple in my life, I love it, crave it, almost need it.  So, I started researching.  I learned, that by flash freezing fish for a minimum of 24 hours, any parasites that MAY have been in the fish would be killed.  I decided this wasn't enough proof to make me feel safe, so I decided to speak to my sushi chef.  He told me the same thing, and that all of their fish comes frozen.  Then, I decided before having it, I'd speak to my doctor, who confirmed this as well.  So, for the past 3 months, I have continued to eat raw sushi weekly, and will continue to.

I may eat/drink things you question during this pregnancy, but believe me, I have done my research and feel safe in everything that enters my body.  Feel free though, to send me an email anytime about what I eat, I'm happy to talk about it.


So, for lunch, a wonderful serving of salad and sashimi. :)

And breakfast early in the morning...Dorset cereal, strawberries, skim milk.
Morning snacks were an apple and cottage cheese.  I find I like the 'runnier' cottage cheese better than a thicker brand.  What do you prefer?
I didn't eat in the afternoon, sashimi lunch fills me up!  But when I got home I had a handful of nuts or two.

Dinner was leftover lasagna and a salad that resembled this.  I didn't take a photo.

More great frozen yogurt while watching American Idol.  Who is your pick?

Have a great day,
Jess

14 comments:

  1. That's great to know for future reference :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness! That is so good to know for the future. I don't think I could go a week without sushi, let alone 9 months! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I trust you know what you are putting your body ;) I love sushi too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I prefer a less runny cottage cheese...and my pick to win Idol? Probably that girl with the dreads...although she didn't do as well last night!

    Love the pregnancy updates:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been staying away from sushi, but this is comforting to know!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey girl! I think its wonderful that you do so much research to make sure you and the bump are safe! And hooray for still being able to enjoy your favorite foods. I'm all for Crystal- she is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is so interesting! i was dreading the day i'd have to give it up! good to know & good for you for doing thorough research. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. HEy girl!!
    that is so interesting!!!! i love that you are doing so much for your future kiddo :) so sweet! youre gona be an amazing mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everyone is going to have their own opinion about what you should/shouldn't do/eat while pregnant ~ listen to your own heart honey, you know what you're doing. xoxo ♥ ~ You're a natural!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank God you can still indulge in your sashmi!!! Phew!

    I prefer my cottage cheese really thick. I'm not a big fan of whey....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wahoo for still enjoying something you love. :) I plan to still enjoy it when I'm pregnant one day too. I love thick cottage cheese..but I've never been known to turn down the runny kind.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not big on sushi so if I'm ever pregnant that won't be a problem, but OH how I'll miss soft cheeses!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't know where I've been but I didn't know you were pregnant! Congrats!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I ate turkey sandwiches, despite the fact I was supposed to avoid deli meat. Don't worry, I think sushi is okay!

    ReplyDelete