Pages


Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I love Tomatoes

So disspointed!  I left my camera cord on the kitchen table! We planted 675 raspberry canes last night!  It was a really great evening, got a little cool around 7:30-8pm, but by 8, they were all in.  Pictures to come another day.

So, today I'll tell you how much I love tomatoes.  I love tomatoes.  A lot.  I grow about 100 heirloom varieties.  Everything from a red slicing tomato to a striped green banana looking tomato.  A purple cherry is one of the best, but nothing beats the giant pink Brandywine, the Queen of the tomato patch.  She rules the garden.  There are so many colours, shapes, sizes, I can't get enough.  Watching them ripen in August, gently squeezing to remind myself which variety is ready at which time.  Love them.  It might be a little strange.

This is me, dashing through the tomato patch the day after planting last June.

Can't wait to do it again this year!

Have a great day everyone!

Jess

4 comments:

  1. That is a LOT of raspberry bushes! You guys must be tired today, but content. Have a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Jessica, how much work would it be to plant one measly raspberry bush in my yard? What would I need?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you forgot your camera, but everything happens for a reason...he he!....so you could enjoy the planting more!

    Can't wait to see those toms and rasps!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you do like tomatoes!! You should try my baja fresh grilled salsa - so good!

    We tried to garden several years in a row, but the deer and bunnies got to everything before we could!

    ReplyDelete