Friday, May 7, 2010

Food and Farming

A pretty regular day. :)  With asparagus.  I feel so weird because I like it so much.

Breakfast was Dorset cereal, blueberries, skim milk.  I don't see how I'll ever tire of this.
Apples are good.
So are sideways peanut butter Lara bars. 
Lunch was the same as it has been lately, a wg english muffin, Laughing Cow cheese and a salad.  This is probably the last salad with greens that I'll have to buy until later in the summer, mine are READY!
I had a tasty orange in the afternoon.
Once home, before working, I had some sideways cottage cheese and walnuts.  Good combo!
I did some greenhouse work, some garden work too.  I'm trying to decide if I should sell at the market Saturday.  It's going to rain all day...but I'm worried if I leave radishes one more week they'll start to crack.  I don't have a lot of experience with radishes, do any of you?

I also got my seed potatoes ready for planting next week. You need to cut the potatoes a few days early, to let the fresh flesh scab up a bit. You need to keep one eye on each piece, and let them grow just a little.
On Monday, I brought some radishes for the lady that brought me the gift. Funny we switched presents on the same day. I think they’re so pretty!

Dinner was a bbq pork tenderloin, potatoes and asparagus.
After dinner I had a Special K Chocolate Crunch bar.  These are good.  I like them when I need sweet, but don't want a lot of food.  I forgot about the vanilla chocolate lamb until after, but there isn't a lot of that lamb left. :)
Lambing is great, we have about 60 new ones right now...about 3 or 400 to go.  This girl is just a few days old with her mama.
On the weekend, The Shepherd said we should probably think of names for the last 2 puppies, that he thinks he wants to keep them!  YAY!  I wish they could stay this small forever!  Now, we'll have 8 dogs, LOL!  8 DOGS!
And here is The Shepherd, looking proud in his barn. :)  Love him.
Have a great day everyone!

Jess

10 comments:

  1. I love the animals. They're all adorable. Thanks for the potato tip. I've never heard of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, look at all those potatoes! how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should name the puppies Tank and Nitro...if they're boys that is!! ;) Love the baby lambs. Baby animals are SO darn cute! And your radishes are gorgeous...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dogs are absolutely gorgeous! You definitely need 8 of them (or 20) to protect so many lambs! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that's a lot of lambs! I love the baby lamb picture.

    And mutli-colored radishes? I've only seen our Midwest red version here!

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your sideways food :)

    And I need to try the peanut butter larabars! I can't tear myself away from the coconut cream pie long enough.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww! That little lamb jut melted my heart! I want baby animals and 8 dogs too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love asparagus too! Your dinner looks lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. awww the pups are so cute! Wow...8 dogs! That is crazy! lol

    ReplyDelete