Pages


Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Heat Wave

Thank you thank you thank you for all your sweet comments about my belly!  Even though I feel like I'm doing well, some days it's still tough to watch the scale climb.  Lucky for me, I have all of you to put a smile on my face, as well as The Shepherd, who compliments me several times a day.  He's just the greatest. :)

Food has been tasty and average for 2 days.

Breakfasts have been Dorset cereal with wild raspberries.  Their flavour is like no other, tart but sweet, tiny, yet crisp.
Snacks have been fresh apricots, cherries, Lara bars and smoothies!
Some decaf iced Americano's have cooled me off.
Lunch has been my usual salad and bread with laughing cow cheese and sashimi!  You know it was Tuesday yesterday!
Random eating has been jelly beans from my coworkers desk.
And also triple chocolate ice cream.
The garden is growing so well.
I picked these carrots.  They aren't huge, but I just couldn't wait any longer.  There is a sweetness to fresh carrots, they always taste different to me than the carrots I buy at the grocery store.  The red one's are especially sweet.
It was so hot after being in the garden I couldn't eat anything warm.  All I wanted for dinner was salad.  So I made a huge salad!  Mixed greens, spinach, the above carrots, radish, peas, leftover cold beets, toasted pecans, more goat cheese than should be allowed, olive oil and balsamic vinegar.  I was stuffed.
I'm not complaining about the heat, I'll take this over snow any day, however, 3 or 4 degrees cooler would be nice. :)
Have a lovely day,
Jess

16 comments:

  1. yum! that salad looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That garden must make you grin from ear to ear. It sure makes me happy! Those carrots are awesome. I'll have to keep an eye out at the market to see if any vendor have them. Have a wonderful day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is very hot and humid here too! But, I guess that just makes our gardens grow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm ice cream!! I've been craving ice cream like crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your garden is beautiful! And your salad looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so jealous of all of the freshness coming out of your garden. Your eats are so colorful and I bet they're super tasty. I want those carrots and your fresh berries. I just picked up berries and a cantaloupe from our local farm and can't wait to dive into them. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. MMMM sashimi!
    the salad looks amazing! and an iced coffee sounds awesome right about now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoa I love how the carrots are different colors! I've never seen that before!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been craving salad too in this heat. I don't want to turn on the stove!

    I am just catching up on blog reading.... You're belly looks great. Looks a lot like mine :) I agree that its hard to watch our bellies grow and see the scale climb. And my center of gravity is all off! But I am so excited to meet my little man, I know it will all be worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always get iced decaf Americanos in the summer! I had a really disappointing one today though - it was super watery. :(

    That looks like my ideal salad. Love all the goats cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The garden looks great as usual--I have never seen carrots that color; how neat!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for showing the red carrots Jess. Of course I've never seen them, so now I know to lookout for them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never seen red carrots! Gosh I bet they are really great.

    ReplyDelete
  14. mmm your salad looks amazing. I loooove lots of goat cheese :)

    I can't wait for it to get back down to mid 20s. That, I can handle..but THIS heat...no way! lol.. Glad you cooled yourself off with chocolate icecream! That's the best ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I need you! So I know you've told me this like 800 times already, but I just got a bunch of beets from my CSA and I need you to share your wealth of knowledge with me. How does one roast them and what am I doing with the greens??

    I know you commented on an old post of mine but I can't for the life of me find it. Please help!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your carrots look great! We got some rainbow carrots in our CSA delivery, and the toddler saw them and said, "They are mine!" And he wasn't kidding; he ate every last one of them...

    ReplyDelete