Pages


Monday, July 12, 2010

Back to Blogging

Good Monday Morning!

I took a blogging break.  Just didn't have time.  The garden is weedy, my day job is busy, friends and family have been in the mix and I really couldn't get to it.  But I'm back with a weekend market recap!

As always, the market was fabulous.  I love it.  There is an energy I can't find anywhere else. 




The beets were fabulous this week.  This is my best beet harvest.  Beets used to seem so 'uncool', now I think they rock.  The colours are amazing, vibrant, and I had so many compliments on them.  I even heard one customer tell her friend, "this is the place to buy beets".

This is my vendor neighbor/friend Nancy.  She owns a bakery and I get to stand next to unlimited butter tarts and pies every Saturday morning.  They are SO hard to resist!
Have you heard of//seen/tried these bars?  They're really good.  I had a couple samples from a store in town a month or two ago, and saw them at Costco a few weeks back so bought a box.  I REALLY like them.  Tons of nuts.  I've tried all 3 bars and like they equally.  If you see them, and like nutty, hardy bars, I suggest giving them a try.


The rest of my day job career is smooth sailing from here on out.  Not that it won't be a lot of work in the next 6 weeks, but I have 3 and 4 day weeks for the rest of the summer.  The last week is a full week as I'll be training my superb (I hope!) replacement.  In this mix of short weeks I have a vacation with my mom, a vacation with The Shepherd, visiting with friends, a night alone in the city...so much to do.  I feel like I'm entering a transition phase of my life and I couldn't be more thrilled about it!

HAPPY MONDAY! ??

Jess

17 comments:

  1. I just tried 2 of those bars last week. I loved them! I'll have to keep an eye out at Costco here.

    Sounds like you're gonna be pretty busy before the baby arrives! What an exciting time for you guys....

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many exciting things going on for you! The farmers market looks incredible- as per usual. Love the beets. I need to try cooking with them more often. Those bars sound great- I've seen them on a few blogs...putting them on my need to try list. Enjoy this wonderful time in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ARE going through transition. A good one. Enjoy the weeks ahead, dear friend. And p.s. I showed Mooch your beet picture. Absolutley AWESOmE! Almost too pretty to eat.
    I said almost ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are enjoying yourself :) I love taste of nature bars!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm all about taking blogging breaks once in a while :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Still jealous of your farmers market, even if I don't like beets! :D

    I would not have been able to not taste test the baked items though!

    Happy Monday - looks like lots of things are in store for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wait...did I miss a post? Are you leaving yoru day job? Or just getting ready before maternity leave?

    Market pics look great as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow that is an impressive table this week! lots of gorgeous colorful beets! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey girly!
    First, to answer your question on my blog: Chicken fried steak is a tenderized piece of steak meat that is dipped in an egg/milk mixture, then a flour mixture, and fried in a skillet! Essentially, if you've had fried chicken - it's just like that except instead of chicken, you use steak!

    I'm so jealous of your market options!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those taste of nature bars look awesome! I'm definitely gonna look for them :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You sound so happy...that's wonderful. Such an exciting time in life. I'm glad you have so many fun things to look forward to (besides the baby!)

    You know...I don't think I've ever actually had a beet!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw that must have been so nice to hear that you're known for your good beets!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have I mentioned how much I love beets? Probably about 100 times?

    A night alone in the city? Sorry I am just fixated on how amazing that would be. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm going to have to check these bars out! Your table at the market looks amazing! Sounds like things are going so great for you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your beets look so fresh and vibrant! That is awesome your transitioning is going smoothly. 3 and 4 day weeks in the summertime are SO nice, too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. yum! those taste of nature bars look great!

    ReplyDelete